The world is quickly moving towards the full digitisation of all services and processes.
Technology is changing how we work. Businesses need to keep up to maintain their competitive edge in the market.
Business needs are changing also. No longer do businesses have to wait for bills and bank statements to be posted to them. By using accounting software that is in the cloud with bank feeds, business owners can have up-to-date information at their fingertips. Data entry can also be automated which in turn speeds up the bookkeeping cycle, improves accuracy and frees up staff to do more profitable work.
The new business processes should be as follows:
- Less cumbersome – Is the system too hard to use, is it slow or is it still on paper? An outdated system can make business more productive and even improve office morale.
- Lower operation and maintenance costs – Most software programs are subscription based now. It’s better for your cashflow as they are billed monthly. The need for large IT servers has changed as the software and storage of files are in the cloud.
- Enhanced software – Have a look at some of the new software programs in the market. Many accounting programs are still much the same but with enhancements to bring them up-to-date. Examples of this would be invoicing on the go or the ability to work over many devices.
- Ability to integrate with add-ons – There are 100’s of add-ons being used now. By having an accounting program that is current you can take advantage of these. These extra’s have been developed improve business processes as well as offer features that the accounting programs don’t have.
- Mobile ready – When you have access to your systems on-the-go, many more tasks can be completed more often. Mobile access is a huge factor in overall competitiveness between software brands.
An investment in cloud-enabling, mobile-friendly technology will make it not only easier for everyone to access systems as well as being able to use it to its fullest advantage.
Feel free to contact us so we can show you the benefits for your business.